The bikes are boxed, the panniers packed. In just 24 hours, Postulate One is headed to India!
It’s a big moment for us. We’re officially one third of the way through this grand undertaking, and tomorrow’s plane hop across the cultural spectrum to a teeming subcontinent, and the Southeast Asian adventures beyond, will take us into phase two. We’re stoked, if not a little nervous.
But before we touch down in Mumbai, we thought we’d share some scientifically-proven stats of our journey with the readers. It’s a fun reminder of how far we’ve already come.
Postulate One by the Numbers
- Days on the road: 166
- Miles completed: 3,100
- Countries cycled through: 11
- Articles Published: 3
- Bicycle Crashes: 5
- Tubes popped: 10
- Nights camped in the rain: 9
- Average days between Showers: 5
- Average days between Laundry: 14
- Times we’ve gotten sick: 3
- Number of good sources we couldn’t speak to b/c of a language barrier: at least 10
- Peanut butter jars we’ve found in foreign supermarkets: 8
- Times we’ve couchsurfed: 31
- Times we’ve been hosted by complete strangers: 5
- Times we’re honked at per day: 15
- How often we’re asked where we’re from: about every 20 minutes
- Hours spent figuring out where we are: too many
- Hours spent daydreaming about where we’re going: countless